O blondă sună la suportul tehnic:
– Nu pot să intru pe Internet!!!
Angajatul de la suportul tehnic o întreabă:
– Ați folosit parola corectă?
– Da, sigur. Am văzut-o la colegul meu.
– Puteți să-mi spuneți ce parola ați folosit?
– Steluță steluță steluță steluță steluță steluță … adică de 6 ori steluță!
As you must already know, GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a free open source software, a versatile tool for image retouching and editing. It’s freely available for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X and Linux. Considering it’s an entire package, you must know that GIMP has tools used for image retouching and editing, free-form drawing, resizing, cropping, photo-montages (combining multiple images), converting between different image formats, and more specialised tasks. Animated images such as GIF and MPEG files can be created using an animation plugin.
The great number of users created a community and now you can find a lot of GIMP tutorials over the internet. So, if you are a starter in using this software and you want to learn more about it you can. I only selected a few tutorials on three distinct sections, depending of your expertiese on using GIMP.
There are a few steps you need to do if you want a website, you can find them here. After reserving the domain name you may want to design your own website instead hiring someone to do this job for you – the result depends of your webdesign skills. If you don’t want anything important, ust a presentation web site with a few static pages it’s ok to use HTML tags with CSS, but if you want something more complex, such a dynamic website that’s not enough.
The first thing you have to do in designing your website is to choose one programming language (as php, C#, JSP, Java) and a database (MySql, Oracle or others). if you really want to do it youself or to hire an expert web designer to do this job for you, you can use and customize a free Content Managment System (CMS). In the first situation you can get a free CMS to use for (as Joomla – there are some reasone why you should use it, Drupal or WordPress), you configure it and you let people know your website.
From the historical point of view the term cyberspace was coined by William Ford Gibson in his short story “Burning Chrome” (1982), nearly 30 years ago, and later popularized the concept in his debut novel, Neuromancer (1984). William Ford Gibson is an American-Canadian speculative fiction novelist who has been called the “noir prophet” of the cyberpunk subgenre. In the universe of his stories, Gibson created an iconography for the information age before the ubiquity of the Internet in the 1990s. He said in an interview you can find here (at least a part of it) that he was inspired by the video games (such Nintendo consoles) played by children and the only computer he had seen at that time was an Apple, it about the size of a modern time laptop.
For celebrities using Twitter (and social media in general) is a double-edged sword: they can connec with their fans (almost) any time, but everything they say will be dissected or misinterpreted by some people or by all his/her fans.
Celebrities should be careful when using Twitter in special because the message is short, only 140 characters, it’s a lot easier to misled people for whom your language is not their native language. I know you can not please all the people around you, especially as a celebrity, but you should consider that it’s very easy to start a debate if people are upset about some thing or another. One unhappy fan may gather around him other unhappy fans. So, when you are using Twitter be as clear as you can.
As a celebrity you should consider (if you don’t do it already) that everyone is following your tweets carefully. If you write something under the heat of the moment (the influence of emotions) you can tell people something you may don’t want to tell (at least for the moment or not at all) and everything can turn bad. In some cases such things already happened, but I am not going to give examples… you may know some of them and you can always search with yahoo, bing or google for others.
Twitter is a very good method to interact to your audience but don’t let it to take over your life. That’s an advice for everyone to consider, but celebrities should take care more seriously then others: they are followed by a lot of people because they are famous for doing something, not because their activity on Twitter.Managing the time and followers are a must from this point of view.
Azi m-am apucat să mă joc un pic cu nişte imagini şi un program de manipulare al acestora, rezultatul este imaginea alăturată. Personal pot spune că-i înţeleg pe cei care vor să-şi protejeze interesele (adică investiţia în timp, energie şi bani), dar sînt sigur că există soluţii mai bune decît ACTA.
Aşa că.. STOP ACTA, vrem un internet LIBER!
A long long time ago games were played on every computer, with no internet connections. There were no internet, no communication between computers except the floppy disks. Lately things changed, the internet became available for almost everyone and online games exploded in popularity and users from the entire world.
During the last few months (to the end of last year) mass multi-player online role playing games (also known as MMORPG) became more popular that before, the trend is to expand their popularity in 2012 as the social media games are increasing in popularity. As the mmo-worlds annouces, some of the best free MMORPGs that are coming in 2012 are:
- Runes of Magic is a 3D free-to-play MMORPG with a wide range of features. This online role-playing game is based on an multi-layered story driven by more than 2,800 quests set in the magical world of Taborea. Players choose one of eight classes which they can combine with a secondary class. Characters can be customized using the wide selection of available physical characteristics. A large range of furniture and other functional items lets players furnish and customize their own virtual homes.
- Battlestar Galactica Online is a free-to-play, browser-based space combat MMOG that combines high-quality, 3D graphics with intense gameplay. We all know the story line of the series with the same name, so the game should not be a surprize from that point of view.
- Rise of Immortals is a free-to-play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, is a strategy type of game similar to Defense of the Ancients (DotA) which is why they are sometimes also called DotA clones.
- Talisman Online is a 3D Fantasy MMORPG that borrows many features from the critically acclaimed MMORPG World of Warcraft while adding several new innovations to the style and with a more Oriental setting.
- Land of Chaos Online (known as LOCO) offers a unique MMO gameplay experience: is a next-generation multiplayer online game that features high-end 3D graphics. Gameplay is a fun mixture of RTS (Real Time Strategy), TPS (Third Person Shooter) Action, and RPG elements.
- Florensia is a 3D Sailing Fantasy MMORPG that combines land and sea combat. Players do battle with a huge variety of weapons and magical abilities as they explore expansive, underground dungeons and sail uncharted seas.
- Wizard 101 is a family-oriented magical MMORPG that puts the players in the shoes of a newly enrolled magic student at the Ravenwood Academy. Wizard 101 is very family and child friendly. The best feature is that parents have easy access to permission settings which allow complete control over what their child experiences at Ravenwood.
- Elsword is a fun side-scrolling action MMO that has manga-inspired graphic design and animation. Elsword offers players the chance to star in their own comic book. It’s top features include fast paced gameplay, stunning animation, four customizable characters and quests based on interesting story-lines.
- Jade Dynasty is the world’s top martial arts MMORPG and it is set in an Asian fantasy world based on Chinese mythology. The virtual world is a beautiful place full of brilliant color, stunning scenery, gorgeous people and enchanting fantasy creatures. Combat is martial-arts based with a lot of cool moves and animations.
- Conquer Online has over 20 million players from all over the world and is the only MMORPG available to play on four different platforms (iPad, Facebook, PC and Mac). One of Conquer Online’s best features is that it is the first ever completely free-to-play MMO on the iPad, with no download fees, no subscription fee, and no in-game Shopping Mall.
Guild Wars 2, a sequel to the original Guild Wars, is due for official launch in 2012. The new game is still set in Tyria, a fictional land, in which the disbanded guild of Destiny’s Edge fights to wrest the World back from the elder dragons. Players may choose between 5 races and 8 professions.
Nu demult, cu numai cîteva zile în urmă, oamenii de la wikipedia, wordpress şi reddit (cel puţin din cîte am observat eu, dar cu siguranţă sînt doar cîţiva dintr-o listă foarte lungă) protestau la greu pe internet pentru nord americanilor de a legaliza SOPA şi au avut succes: proiectul a fost retras (cel puţin temporar – dacă am înţeles bine).
Azi am aflat despre varianta europeană a proiectului american: ea se numeşte Anti-Counterfeiting Trage Agreement (ACTA) care vizează combaterea pirateriei online şi a comercializării de produse contrafăcute. Informaţia circulă pe reţea de ieri, dar numai acum a ajuns la mine: 22 de ţări din Uniunea Europeană, inclusiv România, au semnat acest act la sediul Ministerului Afacerilor Externe din Japonia. Ţările semnatare sînt Austria, Belgia, Bulgaria, Cehia, Danemarca, Finlanda, Franţa, Grecia, Ungaria, Irlanda, Italia, Lituania, Letonia, Luxemburg, Malta, Polonia, Portugalia, Slovenia, Spania, Suedia şi Marea Britanie. Proiectul a fost iniţiat de Japonia care a aderat la tratat în 1 octombrie 2011 împreună cu Australia, Canada, Coreea de Sud, Maroc, Noua Zeelandă, Singapore şi Statele Unite.
Some asked me not long ago what tehnologies changed the world to make is as we know it now. Even my favourite tehnology is the transistor, the list of them is so long it can take days or weeks to enumerate them. I’ll try mention a few of them, the one that I consider the most important.
Steam engines, 1698
In 1698 the British inventor Thomas Savery patented a steam-powered pump which he described as an “engine to raise water by fire”. Thomas Savery’s very basic engine relied on a theory that had been around for several centuries but never successfully applied: the steam would create a vacuum and pull water upwards through a pipe. The technology was improved later with pistons and cylinders by Thomas Newcomen, a blacksmith, and again by Watt in the mid-18th century.