A long long time ago games were played on every computer, with no internet connections. There were no internet, no communication between computers except the floppy disks. Lately things changed, the internet became available for almost everyone and online games exploded in popularity and users from the entire world.
During the last few months (to the end of last year) mass multi-player online role playing games (also known as MMORPG) became more popular that before, the trend is to expand their popularity in 2012 as the social media games are increasing in popularity. As the mmo-worlds annouces, some of the best free MMORPGs that are coming in 2012 are:
- Runes of Magic is a 3D free-to-play MMORPG with a wide range of features. This online role-playing game is based on an multi-layered story driven by more than 2,800 quests set in the magical world of Taborea. Players choose one of eight classes which they can combine with a secondary class. Characters can be customized using the wide selection of available physical characteristics. A large range of furniture and other functional items lets players furnish and customize their own virtual homes.
- Battlestar Galactica Online is a free-to-play, browser-based space combat MMOG that combines high-quality, 3D graphics with intense gameplay. We all know the story line of the series with the same name, so the game should not be a surprize from that point of view.
- Rise of Immortals is a free-to-play Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, is a strategy type of game similar to Defense of the Ancients (DotA) which is why they are sometimes also called DotA clones.
- Talisman Online is a 3D Fantasy MMORPG that borrows many features from the critically acclaimed MMORPG World of Warcraft while adding several new innovations to the style and with a more Oriental setting.
- Land of Chaos Online (known as LOCO) offers a unique MMO gameplay experience: is a next-generation multiplayer online game that features high-end 3D graphics. Gameplay is a fun mixture of RTS (Real Time Strategy), TPS (Third Person Shooter) Action, and RPG elements.
- Florensia is a 3D Sailing Fantasy MMORPG that combines land and sea combat. Players do battle with a huge variety of weapons and magical abilities as they explore expansive, underground dungeons and sail uncharted seas.
- Wizard 101 is a family-oriented magical MMORPG that puts the players in the shoes of a newly enrolled magic student at the Ravenwood Academy. Wizard 101 is very family and child friendly. The best feature is that parents have easy access to permission settings which allow complete control over what their child experiences at Ravenwood.
- Elsword is a fun side-scrolling action MMO that has manga-inspired graphic design and animation. Elsword offers players the chance to star in their own comic book. It’s top features include fast paced gameplay, stunning animation, four customizable characters and quests based on interesting story-lines.
- Jade Dynasty is the world’s top martial arts MMORPG and it is set in an Asian fantasy world based on Chinese mythology. The virtual world is a beautiful place full of brilliant color, stunning scenery, gorgeous people and enchanting fantasy creatures. Combat is martial-arts based with a lot of cool moves and animations.
- Conquer Online has over 20 million players from all over the world and is the only MMORPG available to play on four different platforms (iPad, Facebook, PC and Mac). One of Conquer Online’s best features is that it is the first ever completely free-to-play MMO on the iPad, with no download fees, no subscription fee, and no in-game Shopping Mall.
Guild Wars 2, a sequel to the original Guild Wars, is due for official launch in 2012. The new game is still set in Tyria, a fictional land, in which the disbanded guild of Destiny’s Edge fights to wrest the World back from the elder dragons. Players may choose between 5 races and 8 professions.
the internet New Internet games for the year 2012 /Dan-Marius.ro – my slice of internet / Oradea, Bihor, Romania.